Saturday, December 15, 2012

Why I ride?



Why I (we) ride? Why this question now?
I wanted to write an answer for a long time but the lazy in me prevented till this day. So coming to the answer now.. 

Is it that we don’t have anything else to do?
 
Is it about doing something adventurous bcos we are young?

Is it our way to run away from the mundane life?

Is it the way to achieve the ultimate nirvana?

Is it to rejuvenate our lifeless soul?

The answer is sometimes YES and sometimes NO for some questions and NOT yes for ALL question and NOT no for ALL question at ANYtime.



Sometimes riding 2 wheels helps me to speak to myself. I feel like taking myself to the challenges on my own.. I choose the terrain and thus I choose challenges. Going places on 2 wheels enhances the value of destination.
Lemme illustrate with an example: You go to a temple and see the deity and come back, let us assume the whole process  takes 10mins. In another case, you wait for hours.. thinking about the temple/god, feeling the Qs and after a lot of sweating you see the deity and come out. The kind of happiness ( experience) while seeing god in the second case is what we(I) feel when biking.

In biking .. it’s always not about the destination, it is mostly about the journey.. 
it is about the prevailing weather when we ride.. 
it is about the time of day which freezes in our mind.. 
it is the tarmac underneath which we feel through our tyres..
it is the fresh air which fills our helmet when the visor is lifted.. 
it is the vibration of our engine which sets rhythm to our thoughts..
it  is about the hot tea we have on road side joints.. 
it is about the reliance on a complete stranger for routes.. 
it is about taking a small break and stretching our body.. 
it is about the respect which fellow motorists give it to you.. 
it is about leaning on a twisty in ghat road.. 
it is everything which brings happiness to me..


To be honest, am not good at expressing and it becomes worse if I have to express in words. So… it is lot more than what I wrote above and thats why i love(live) biking!

17 comments:

  1. Jus for gags...

    Why I don't ride?

    Is it that we don’t have anything else to do?
    --Is it that I have so many other things to do.

    Is it about doing something adventurous bcos we are young?
    --Is it about taking unnecessary risk by so called adventure jus because of I am young.


    Is it our way to run away from the mundane life?
    --Is it that I am not being selfish

    Is it the way to achieve the ultimate nirvana?
    --No answer.. :P

    Is it to rejuvenate our lifeless soul?
    --Is it because I am always rejuvenated

    Bro.. But it's an amazing write up. Keep going bro. I m here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha..thanks for writing. i reccommend u to buy a bike and try for urself. i know u well!

      Delete
    2. i wannabe a hitchhiker :P.......

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha.. Good one kottees :D

      Delete
    4. Enakku indha yosanaiye varalai. I was planning for a car trip from Mumbai - Chennai. I am also a HITCHHIKER

      Delete
  2. super...but how come you put down everything which was in my mind?? some connection is there between us...!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!... thats an amalgamated collection of thoughts of the riding fraternity!!... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biking rules.... Murali sir rocks..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aama saar..Nanri. will try to bring the triplog soon.

      Delete
  5. Till now I have never read a blog completely. But this blog, Why I ride? is really awesome & answering many questions within me too.
    WHAT is PASSION?
    Everyone have a PASSION, PASSION drives people crazy. But only when u go CRAZY/EXTREMELY EXCITED we realise the TRUTH. I would like to cite a reference here. My FAVORITE TAMIL poet "MAHAKAVI BHARATHIYAR" was called mad & crazy and was not recognized at all during his lifetime. Same is the case with LEGENDS like SOCRATES/GALILEO & many more. So NEVER EVER follow/listen/de-motivated by PEOPLE & their comments.

    FOLLOW YOUR HEART!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read it a lot of times, and i still read it..its simply amazing...to actually feel what we feel, actually see what we see, actually love what we love, and live what we live..i miss you lot, thale...miss our trips, miss your guidance...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely phrased Murali. Keep vrooming.

    ReplyDelete